Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hummingbirds

I've never been much of a bird person, but after spending some time around some local Hummingbirds, I've got a new found love for these amazing little birds.  They are amazing to watch...and after they earn your trust, they've even been known to eat right from your hand. I believe it's about time for them to be leaving soon, but what time I have been able to spend with them has been great.  I even managed to get a few images of them feeding or just hanging out. 

Getting clear and sharp images of these guys can be tough, but can be accomplished with a lot of patience...lol.

I really like the image above as it captured one Hummingbird on the feeder, one in hover mode, and the shadow just under him/her.  Funny I didn't notice the shadow while I was taking the picture.

And finally, a somewhat clear shot of one that was just hanging out watching me, while I was watching him/her.  I'll miss them when they're gone, and look forward to their return next Spring. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment