Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Water

Sorry for missing a day here, but it's been a busy week.  Lots of new ideas and I'm starting to put them in motion.  Today my subject is simply 'water', and I chose this for a reason.  I got together for awhile with a friend of mine from junior high, that I've only recently came back into contact with.  We had some errands to run and then somehow we got on the subject of the lake...and she just happened to mention that it really wasn't that far from her house.  Well, me being the "shooter" that I am, asked if she cared if we took a short drive down there to see the dam.  I hadn't been on this part of the lake in a really long time.  So off we went, and it was amazing.  The sky was blue, the water was blue, and when we got there we were also lucky enough to see water spewing off into the lake...Amazing sight. 
Wow!  Yeah, I know...you're probably thinking "It's only water", right?   Still amazing...the look, the sound, the smell(that's another story!), and you could almost feel a mist from the water.  To me it was beautiful.

And though I was actually trying to catch the mist on my camera, after I got home and started editing pics, I noticed the Great Blue Heron sitting on the top of the gate.  I didn't even notice him when I took the picture...I was too excited about all the water.  Turned out to be a pretty decent shot though.  Now all this was on one side of the dam, and on the other side, it's a totally different view as you'll see below.

Beautiful and clear day, and really not that hot..Well, it was hot, but down on the lake front it actually felt really nice.  All this has me wondering what the sunsets look like here, and I definitely am going to go back sometime in the evening to check it out...I'm sure they are amazing.  All in all a beautiful day, and to top it off, we also got to watch some vultures, obviously a male and female the way they were going on.  Not the best looking creatures, but very interesting looking and kind of cool to watch.  Until the next time, I'll leave you with just one of several shots I got of them on top of a lamp post.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment